Careers at SACI
Current Job Openings at SACI
Assistant Director of Admissions
Company: Studio Arts College International (SACI)
Job title: Assistant Director of Admissions
Reports to: Director of Admissions
Location: New York, NY
The Assistant Director of Admissions focuses on both the undergraduate and graduate admissions process with the aim of meeting targeted enrollment goals. He or she is responsible for assisting applicants through all stages of the application process from recruitment through enrollment.
The Assistant Director of Admissions works closely with other members of SACI's recruitment team to develop actionable goals and execute strategies that drive both undergraduate and graduate application growth. He or she regularly visits campuses to meet prospective students, faculty members, and Study Abroad administrators and coordinates and manages recruitment events and activities. He or she additionally works closely with SACI faculty, alumni, students and staff in responding to applicants’ queries, holding information sessions and webinars, scheduling interviews with SACI faculty members, and processing applications.
The ideal candidate must be team-focused, detail-oriented, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. He or she must be a highly motivated, personable, proactive recruiter and researcher, free to travel extensively throughout the US and Canada, and able to meet deadlines while working effectively within a budget.
Prior experience working with Studio Art/Design and Study Abroad students and administrators is desirable.
Duties and Responsibilities
- In collaboration with the Director of Admissions, develop and implement strategic plans with actionable goals for the representation of SACI at partner colleges and universities, including proactive approaches to general communications, including Mailchimp promotions, classroom visits, Study Abroad fair visits, webinars, and other remote and on-campus info-sessions for prospective students, their faculty mentors, and Study Abroad advisors.
- Also in collaboration with the Director of Admissions, create a strategic plan for outreach to prospective students not currently at colleges or universities
- Participate in the development and implementation of an overall marketing plan including: creation and review of print and online materials, in-person presentation materials, internet, and social media strategies aimed especially at advancing the visibility of SACI’s graduate programs
- Regularly visit campuses to meet with students, Study Abroad and other administrators, and key faculty members in Studio Art, Photography, Design, Art History, and other departments
- Represent SACI at appropriate national and regional meetings and conferences
- Submit concise, clear, and prompt recruitment reports and feedback from the field
- Identify key art world locations and plan city-wide events to help promote SACI
- Research and build relationships with international agents to help increase enrollment of non-US citizens at SACI
- Work with alumni in hosting events
- Implement and lead graduate webinars throughout the academic year
- Follow up with prospective students throughout the admissions process
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to work creatively and proactively to establish and meet actionable undergraduate and graduate recruitment goals
- Able to undertake independent research and implement diverse recruitment strategies based upon analysis of quantitative marketing data and assessment of each home school's faculty interest, administrative structure, and policies relating to Study Abroad
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with faculty, staff, students, and external contacts
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Strong service-orientation and a proven commitment to working with diverse populations
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, writing and counseling skills
- Strong PC skills to include Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Adobe Creative Suite, and automated database systems
- Knowledge of undergraduate, graduate, and preferably Study Abroad recruitment
- Knowledge in the art and/or design world
- Valid Drivers License and ability to travel 50-70% of the year
Education & Work Experience
- Master’s Degree, preferably in Studio Art or Design
- Minimum 3 years of admissions/recruitment work
- Experience in Study Abroad, either as a student or administrator, preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Confident public speaking and presentation skills
The physical demands listed here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of his/her job. Under the ADA, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, travel up and down stairs, crouch, stoop and reach.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and three references to Director of Admissions Racini Andres.
Please indicate as the subject: SACI Assistant Director of Admissions
Salary commensurate with experience.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an individual assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified. SACI reserves the right to modify this job description at its sole discretion.