Students must be 18 prior to the start date of the program. Applicants must have a minimum of B average from their high school career a minimum GPA of 2.75 for any college level courses.
The following is a list of requirements for a complete application:
- The completed online application form and a $70 US non-refundable processing fee. Applicants may pay with Mastercard, Visa, or Discover credit cards. If you prefer to pay by check or money order, you are requested to contact the SACI New York office before submitting your application.
- High school graduates who are not already attending post-secondary institutions must submit sealed official transcripts from their high school.
- A one-page essay describing your artistic and/or academic goals and influences and your reasons for wishing to enhance them by studying abroad at SACI.
- One Letter of Recommendation, preferably from a recent instructor. You can download a form for the recommendation letter from the downloads page.
- Students are automatically eligible for courses at the intermediate or advanced level or with pre-requisites when their home institution’s transcript lists the previous courses required. When the pre-requisites have not been met, a portfolio of at least 6 artworks is essential so the appropriate Area Head can determine if you are eligible for the class. The New York Admissions Office will give instructions on how to submit these online.